Monday, July 25, 2011

Life-long Friends


Jenny Gibson & Kerry Short
Two separate trips to Six Flags in Atlanta, GA













-----Original Message-----

From: Mitchell, Kerry
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 2:04 PM
To: Northridge, Jenny Mrs
Subject: Re: (UNCLASSIFIED)

You guys have a good weekend, too! Steve, Holden and I are headed to Helen, GA now. We're going kayaking tomorrow. Woot!


-----Original Message-----
From: Northridge, Jenny Mrs
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 3:22 PM
To: Mitchell, Kerry
Subject: RE: (UNCLASSIFIED)

Kayaking?! I love it! Are you sure your husband knows you are anti-anything to do with athletics?

Have a great time! Come back in one piece!


-----Original Message-----
From: Northridge, Jenny Mrs
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 10:12 AM
To: Mitchell, Kerry
Subject: (UNCLASSIFIED)

Did you survive? Just checking in to be sure...I don't want to have to look for another roommate. I'm getting too old for anything like that!

Rose


-----Original Message-----
From: Mitchell, Kerry
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 10:22 AM
To: 'Northridge, Jenny Mrs'
Subject: RE: (UNCLASSIFIED)

Lord! (<-- Pronounced, "Lowered!") I think I might have had him fooled but then I went and had myself a meltdown. Right there in the middle of the Chattahoochee River. It was the first time Steve had witnessed me and a meltdown. And we were only 1/4 of the way down our 3.5 hour "ride." Did you know there's no quitting? You can't just pull over and cancel your plans to kayak down river? ;o)

I don't know why I reacted that way. We kayaked the same stretch 3 years ago. We've canoed 2 other times (one of which was - you guessed it - the same stretch of river); we've been white water rafting on the Ocoee 3 times.

I decided it boiled down to three very important, overlooked things:

1.) The more you do stuff like that, the more you realize all the things that can go wrong. You can crack your skull on a rock. You can break your ankle. You can drown, for God's sake!
2.) I don't really "do" water.
3.) I'm due to start my period this week. Hormones, anyone?

It wasn't pretty. But yes, I lived through it. Begrudgingly.

Blanche



No comments:

Post a Comment