Friday, October 30, 2009

Introduction...

My husband, Steve Mitchell

This is the Yahoo Personals profile I used to catch Steve's attention:

I am newly single. Again. I have 18 y/o twin sons that start Auburn and UAB this fall and a 16 y/o daughter that will be a junior at Grissom. One dog - Casey Dog. He's a 7 y/o blind Shih Tzu. One cat - Sam. He's a 1 y/o seeing eye cat. :o) I will have been at my current job 12 years the end of August, so I guess I qualify as being loyal. I am emotionally and financially stable. I'm not looking for a husband, a sugar daddy, or a father for my children. (Hey! Did I just hear a sigh of relief???) :o) I just want a boyfriend. Someone who cares about me, enjoys spending time with me, as I care and enjoy them. A companion that is easy and fun to hang out with. Someone who enjoys the simple pleasures in life as I do. I am told that I am loads of fun and that my laughter is contagious. I laugh a lot. I also try to be courteous, considerate and thoughtful and would like my friends to be the same. I am honest. I don't have time for games and hope my friends don't either. I LOVE roller coasters, white water rafting and live concerts. Call me a woman, but I want ROMANCE. Intimate dinners for two. Snuggle time on the couch, laughing at Two and a Half Men. Opening my door to a bouquet of flowers fresh from the side of the road. Or the Publix flower shop. Finding sweet notes written on the insides of gum wrappers and left for me to find under my windshield wiper at work. Weekend get aways to Nashville or Atlanta or anywhere else we wish to go. Vacations together at the beach or in the mountains. Someone to ride bikes with, hike with, go to movies with, kiss and cuddle with. Nothing super serious, just fun!

I had been on the personals site for a few weeks and found no one there that seemed right for me. Then one Friday night in July the kids were gone, doing what teenagers do, and I was surfing, killing time. I decided to expand my search area from "within 25 miles" of my home to "within 60 miles." And there was Steve. I sent him a Yahoo created ice breaker - "I like your profile! Tell me more." He responded within a few short minutes. We corresponded back-and-forth several times that night and more the following day. By that afternoon he decided to drive to Huntsville from Florence so that we could meet.

We met at Starbuck's at 9:00 p.m. Conversation flowed. We had so much in common. Not the least of which was understanding and The Divorce Diet. I became aware at one point of an elderly lady sitting alone behind Steve. She was eating her muffin, drinking her coffee, and smiling sweetly to herself as she listened in to our conversation.

It was a wonderful night. Steve and I connected like long, lost friends. He is kind, considerate, handsome, interesting, funny, FUN, light-hearted, passionate, compassionate, thoughtful, generous, and every other good adjective known to man.

We were inseparable from that moment on, spending as much time together as possible; filling the hours between with long conversations on the phone. Waitresses began asking how long we had been together, commenting on how made-for-each-other we appeared to be.

We married almost 2 years from the day we met. And I love Steve more than I ever believed possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment